Well, Life's been a little hectic around casa de la displaced. My life has been a whirlwind that has centered around unpacking, eating home cooking, and hanging out with family. My brother cooked me ribs Sunday.... fall-off-the-bone ribs, at that. Damn, it's nice to be home.
I've laughed a lot this past week, and I've smiled more than I have in the past year. Sometimes from things like seeing family, and sometimes from things a s simple as seeing the leaves change color, or living in the country where the air is fresh. Damn, it's nice to be home.
I went to my 'interview' today. Basically, I found out that I got to wait till the paperwork comes back from processing. I'll likely start work sometime between Christmas and new years. More time with family. After my interview today, I met up with two old friends and had lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Chef Wok. Yes, the egg rolls were as good as I remembered. Damn, it's nice to be home.
I spent the afternoon doing odd jobs for Miss Emelyn Morrison, an old friend. Afterward, she insisted that we have a glass of wine, so I obliged. I headed to my dad's house, where O am typing this and awaiting the rest of the family, for we will be having dinner tonight. Damn, it's nice to be home.
Also, my pop let me borrow a rifle for deer season. Damn, I like guns!
21 minutes ago

2 comments:
I'm so glad that you're home! Elyas will get to grow up with his cousins and know them like brothers. And (a more selfish reason)the Aunts will get to know your little fella and be a part of his life (and yours and Melissa's). Family is good...
Good for you!
Post a Comment