So i'm in academy.... and apparently, there are so many regulations about social media and my department in the state that i really can't be too specific... like talking abut anything we learn... or posting pictures.... so i will just say that it's intense. Its like being in a master's level college class for 8 hours.
We got done today, and after showering and eating and typing my notes for the day, i called my wife.
Let me just say that its hard having to say prayers with your 4 year old over the phone, and trying to explain why you didn't come home for dinner...
I haven't cried in the past 6 years, since my best friend died. I cried tonight, talking to my wife and son.
It's going to be a long 12 weeks.
On a side note, i will be blogging, but probably not a lot about academy, as i don't want to break any department regulations.
Good night, all. It's been a long day.

3 comments:
We love you lots and know you will do great!
Hang tough pard! It's rough right now, but when it's over, you will have a very proud wife and son and family to support you.
You can do it!
Officer D (or is is Deputy D?), take it from one who went through the Academy twice (had a break in service and my POST certification lapsed while I was in the USAF), you will remember it as one of the most significant events of your life, mostly because you will learn YOURSELF while you are there. Keep an Academy Journal for yourself, describing your daily adventures. I'm sure that's within the regs. Keep that journal the old-fashioned way, by hand.
Another thing, get known for being an expert, or go-to guy in SOMETHING. In my first Academy, I was the spelling champ (on our daily quiz, we had spelling words, and spelling counted for an overall 10% of the entire Academy grade). In my second Academy, I was the Report Writing whiz. BTW, I finished that second Academy when I was 42, and most of the other Recruits had 20 years on me, but I drove myself to keep up with them in PT.
I've been retired from my 25 years as a Deputy Sheriff for 9 years now, and as I look back, two things jump off the pages of History at me: First, I couldn't put up with the political correctness in the profession now, and second, my work as a Deputy was the most rewarding of my life.
Have fun! It IS fun.
Post a Comment