A few of us guys were helping a co-worker move last weekend, as she sold her house. As we were helping her pack her closet, one of the guys exclaimed loudly for us to come see. He had found a gun.
The girl we were helping move isn't in to guns, and honestly couldn't remember where she got it from. She told Lane, the guy who found it, that he could have it.
Last night we all went to Lane's house for a barbecue. I asked him to see his new gun. He promptly announced that he had plenty of .410's. He told me if I gave Catherine $50 bucks, since it did belong to her, he would relinquish "finder's rights" and let me take it.
Since he wasn't trying to make any money, and 50 bucks was still a bargain on a field grade, beater small bore shotgun, I agreed.
So I ended up with a Mossberg bolt-action .410. It has a blind box magazine, and is in decent condition. The stock is rough, but it's nothing some sandpaper, stain, and boiled linseed oil can't fix. It has retained a lot of bluing, and there appear to be no pits in the barrel. A good cleaning will tell for sure. It has a fixed full choke, and it is simple to disassemble. The safety is in good working order, and snaps with authority.
I think it will be just the ticket for boy-o's first squirrel gun.



3 comments:
Me too. Looks like a keeper.
good find, you should call people some time, so we can go and shoot.
Very nice
Post a Comment