Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gunnie Post

This is a post for the gunnies out there. No real reason, I just wanted to post about guns.

The particular gun in question is a Savage model 10 left handed, bull barrel, chambered in .308. It's my target gun. The glass is a Swift 6-18x44 scope, and it's a damned fine scope for the money.

It's fun to shoot, but I've worked most of the kinks out already. With a good gun, good glass, and a good hand load, I can consistently make 1&3/4 inch groups at 200 yards. Guess I need to get out on a 300 yard range now, and really see what she can do.

At any rate, enjoy the gun pr0n.

*UPDATE*

Sorry about the horrid lighting. I use my phone to take most of the pics on this blog, so I guess the least I could do is find a better-lit spot to take posed pics. Better ones in future posts, I promise!

2 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Damn fine rifle. I suspect that as you put more rounds down the tube you'll watch the groups tighten up. In my experience, Savage barrels don't really shoot until you've got about 200 rounds through it.

That's what we're finding with Matt's rifle and my .30-06.

Anonymous said...

an inch and 3/4 is good at 200 yd. that is under minute of angle. I found that 300 yd is harder respectively than 200. What I mean is at 100 I can shoot all day at 1/2 moa. At 200 I have shot right at moa. At 300 (I have only shot this distance once) it opened up a bit more. 4 and 1/4 inch. That is a six shot group. I am so ready to try again! I really want to hear how you do at 300. Its hard but really fun! Have a great time.