21 minutes ago
Monday, April 18, 2011
Leatherworkin'
Sometimes, I make things for other people while I’m at work, because, well, I’m demonstrating a period craft anyway, so if I bring my own materials, why not? Over the past two days, I’ve made a dice cup with a lid (used work’s materials, so it stays there) 2 credit card wallets, a hair tie, a bracelet, and these:
It’s a purse and ID wallet. No, they aren’t period correct, but the woman I’m making them for doesn’t re-enact. Her initials, ‘AG’ are monogrammed into the flaps of both. Also, the ID wallet is just big enough to hold an ID, a credit card, and a few bills, so if she doesn’t want to carry her purse out, then the ID wallet will just tuck nicely into a hip pocket. Check out an inside view of the set.
Oh, who is the mystery woman I’m making a purse for? No, my wife’s not jealous! It’s my mom. She’ll get it as an early mother’s day present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment