Saturday, April 7, 2012

And We Have Created A Monster

My wife and I decided to do some cooking and invite my brother and his wife over last night. I smoked 2 chickens on the grill, along with some asparagus and potatoes. Dinner was great, and the company was better, but that isn't the point of this post.

Sister in law's fist comment to me after they showed up and pleasantries were exchanged was: 'i brought my new guns!'

Being a gun guy, i was happy to look at them. She had bought a Diamondback 9mm, and a Ruger LCR. Both are nice guns. She then proceeded to put on a holster, and carry the LCR.

After dinner, we went out to my backyard range, and did some light shooting. I brought out my Springfield 1911, loaded a magazine, and asked if she wanted to shoot a gun that has had virtually no design changes in over 100 years. She happily agreed, and after putting 7 rounds downrange, she smiled, and asked what she just shot.

'A 1911. It's a .45 caliber handgun.'

Her eyes got big. 'I just shot a .45?'

'Yes ma'am.'

'I want one!'

This from a woman who just took her concealed carry class 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago, she owned 1 gun, a Firestorm .380. She now owns 3, and wants a 4th.

We have created a monster.

And I couldn't be happier. 


2 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Good for her! She's a big girl now, all growed up and wearing her big girl pants.

Wilson said...

Good job!