Monday, April 16, 2012

Book Review: Joshua

I have been following Wilson for over a year now, and i check his blog on an almost daily basis. About a year ago, he started writing a book. Apparently, he wanted feedback from the blogging community, and posted several of the chapters online. I read the first chapter on a lark, and i was hooked. I checked his blog regularly, not only for the gun content, but also for new chapters. I read and sent feedback for the first 7 chapters, until life got in the way, but i truly enjoyed those first 7. A few weeks ago, Wilson contacted me, and informed me that as thanks for my feedback, he wanted to gift me a copy. Low and behold, it arrived Saturday.

I couldn't put it down. I stayed up till midnight Saturday, and only turned off the light then for fear of waking up my wife with my reading lamp. Sunday was a repeat, and i finished around 11pm. 320 pages in 35 hours, and that with substantial breaks for playing with my son, hanging out with family, and snuggling with my wife.

It was a page turner.

There were a few rough patches, mechanically, as a few scenes seemed to have rough transitions, but it was an amazing book, and it is his first published piece. The writing is clear and to the point, and has enough ornamentation to build a scene in your mind without having so much as to take away from the story. The book sucks you in and won't let go until you hit the back cover.

What is it about?

A man, a boy, and the collapse of society...

Bah... I can't do it justice. He has the first chapter linked, and also has links to where you can buy hard copies or e-books.

Go. Read. Buy.

As for me, i can't wait to spend green dollars on his next book!

No comments: