Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Portmanteau-purse

What have i been doing this week? Well, taking it easy and hanging out with family, mostly. We have done some sightseeing, some swimming in the Atlantic, and a lot of eating.

I have also done some leather working to pass the time. I taught my brother a bit about leather working, and have showed him the basics of layout, design, and stitching. He actually picked it up pretty quickly. He's a sheet metal fabricator, so design and layout he gets. I made him a wallet 2 years ago, and he loved it, but had some design improvements he wanted in his next one. So it seemed only logical to teach him how to do the work, and let him make his wallet.

I also had a cousin recently graduate high school. She is an artist and a writer, and has a flair for the eclectic, unique, and funky. I decided to make a purse for her, but a run-of-the-mill purse wouldn't suit her. I took the design idea from a portmanteau, but added a bit of flair to make it suited for college parties hosted by theatre students.

I hope she'll like it.


2 comments:

Michael W. said...

Very, Very NICE work. In a few days I will be posting what I've working on.

Wilson said...

Great work!