Sunday, November 18, 2012

Saturday

Yesterday was busy. My son had his tonsils taken out Friday, so we've been letting him laze about, watching movies and eating icecream. But in the morning, I went to my brother's house to beg him to help me pull an oil cooler hose off of our '90 model Isuzu Trooper. Being a mechanic, even though it was in the most inaccessable place ever, my brother managed to get it off in a reasonable amount of time, without having to disassemble the engine. It's a high-pressure hose, so I will have to go get one made... no quick trip to Napa on this one. When I got back home, we ate some lunch, then I was getting ready to bottle my 2 batches of beer, when my other brother called. Seems he was helping move his mom-in-law, and his help's back gave out. That's what family is for though, so I set aside my bottling equipment to go help him move his mom-in-law (who is a nice lady that I would not mind helping, anyway). I let him know that I was happy to help unload the moving truck, but that as soon as it was empty, I had to go, so I could bottle my beer. In about 2 hours, she was unloaded, and I bid my brother farewell, and headed back to my house to bottle. My wife pitched in, and I had finished cleaning the beer equipment and tidying the kitchen by 7pm. I made my wife and I some turkey sandwiches for dinner, because it was about all I felt like messing with. By the end of the day, I had a happy, tired son, a full belly, a clean(ish) kitchen, a truck that was one step closer to being fixed, and a thankful brother (who had a thankful mom-in-law).

Oh, yeah, and I had 99 bottles of beer conditioning in the corner.

No comments: