Sunday, February 10, 2013

(Possible) New Gun

I was speaking with my brother today, and we started talking guns. He and his bride went to the range yesterday, and they rented a sub-compact Glock and a sub-compact Springfield XD. His bride loved the XD, and is considering getting one. I asked what she was planning on doing with her Diamondback DB9, and she said she was going to sell it. Partly, she wants to finance the XD, and partly, she wants to get rid of it because she doesn't have the wrist strength for it. My brother says if he feeds it good ammo, he has no problems with it, but his bride's upper body strength isn't such that she can shoot it consistently without the occasional jam. I asked what they wanted for it, and decided that at the brother discount being offered, I'd be dumb to pass it up. They've shot possibly 150 rounds through it, so it's in great shape. They told me to take it home, run a few boxes through it, and either clean it good and return it, or bring them a check. If I can get a few boxes through it with no jams, I'll be keeping it.
I like it. So much, in fact, that I mad a holster for it about 2 hours ago.
I hope it's a shooter, because I really don't wanna give it back!

No comments: