Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday Briar

We've been having fun this week in Florida, and my wife's grandmother remembered that my birthday is coming up soon. Now, my birthday is next week, but I never really think much about it. Birthdays really just aren't a big deal in my family, unless you're under 15. But Grams wanted to have a small party for me and Mother-in-Law (her birthday is within a few weeks of mine), so we went along. Well, I was genuinely surprised.

We had a great lunch of burgers and fries, and we gathered around afterwards for cake and ice cream. I got some very nice clothes, and I got a fine new set of grips for my j-frame, as well as 2 very nice Briar pipes that once belonged to my wife's grandfather.

That's some fine looking wood grain, no?

3 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Yeah, that picture didn't rotate like I told it to...

Anonymous said...

Class act, that is.

Pawpaw said...

Damn Right. That's some fine looking wood. Be careful no one steals it.