Well, last Sunday, I had to call the local PD due to a man with a rifle walking around in the street behind our house. Yes, that's not illegal, but it was raining, and he kept going in and out of a house, and the last time he entered, I heard a bunch of screaming, then a young child ran out of his house and bolted down the street in nothing but his underwear. That's the point at which I called the cops. Couple that with the fact that I have seen a known convicted felon aimlessly wandering my street, and my wife and I decided that it was time to move. Like, sooner rather than later. We were planning on moving out to some family land that my grandmother graciously offered to let us stay at, but we were going to wait until around Christmas. Instead, Sunday afternoon, we packed the essentials, and headed out to my grandmother's property. It's gorgeous out here, and peaceful and quiet. Think bucolic pastureland, pine trees, fruit orchards, ponds and deer stands overlooking meadows. Yeah, it's great!
Anyway, we spoke to our landlord, and since our lease was up in 2 months anyway, he agreed that if we paid for October, he would keep our security deposit for November, and let us out of December. We have almost a full month to get all of our stuff moved, and this weekend I'll go get more essential stuff.
As weird of a week as it's been, it has worked out wonderfully.

1 comment:
Good luck, sorry you have to though.
Post a Comment