A few weeks ago, my dad found a good deal on range bags. He bought 4 of 'em, 1 for him, and one each for me and my brothers. That's the way my dad does birthday presents, finding something we'd like, and buying it, with little regard if it's actually anywhere near our birthday. One of my brothers had his birthday in February, but me and my oldest brother got early birthday gifts. I won't expect anything from my father in July, but the old man hit it out of the park with my early birthday present, anyway.
I've been using a Dewalt tool bag as a range bag for a few years, and as a improvised bag, it's worked great. It's big, carries a lot, and definitely won't be confused with anyone else's on the line. Everything ends up in the bottom, though, and there's no good way to organize at.
My new bag has tons of pockets and dividers, with dedicated magazine pouches (one of which is an excellent place for a multi-tool, BTW). It carries tons of ammo, you can put 4 handguns in it in different places so that they don't rub and scratch each other.
Verdict? You did great, pop! Thanks for the bag!


7 comments:
Sounds great. So what kind is it?
Sdv1949- it's a Midway USA Compact Competition Range Bag.
I could'a waited till July to give it to ya.
I'm perfectly happy with it in February, Pop!
Thank you, one is on the way.
Sdv1949- I'll ask midway to put my commission check in the mail. *grin*
A dedicated range bag is something I have been meaning to purchase for some time. I have a small gym type duffel bag but it also pulls gym duty as well as occasional overnight trips.
Maybe I'll ask for one at Christmas or something.
Post a Comment