Saturday, October 4, 2014

New furniture

No, not that kind of furniture, but I did help my brother move some stuff today, into his new house, so I did move plenty of that kind of furniture,  today.

The furniture I am talking about is gun furniture, though. I got a new Mossberg shotgun in a trade deal a few months ago, and I have been looking for a better stock than the one that came with it. It had one of those tactical collapseable stocks on it, and I just didn't like it. I saw my Uncle in the grocery store last night, and I remembered that he put a new stock on his Mossberg shotgun last year. I asked him if he still had the old stock, and he said he did. I asked him if he would be interested in selling it, and he told me no, but he would be happy to give it to me. He brought it by this afternoon.

A half hour later,  and I had the new stock mounted.

I like the feel of this stock much, much better. Call me crazy, but there's just no place for a pistol grip and telescoping stock on a damned shotgun.  

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Looks good, tiger, and it makes the shotgun look right. Wear well.

Anonymous said...

When I originally acquired my 870P it had black plastic Blackhawk furniture. I hated it. Only benefit I can see is adjustable LOP for a 'pool gun' but that is even a stretch.

Had wood on the shotgun I was planning to sell but offered it with either furniture. Thankfully the guy wanted the Blackhawk stuff.

Your riot gun looks great. I like the wood and the heat shield.

What type of light and mount is that?

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Ryan- the light came with the purchase. It's some cheap Korean piece of crap. There is a light and laser both in a single mount. I'm keeping it for now, because the usefulness of the light is handy. Eventually, I will toss them in favor of a better light and mount.