My brother wanted a "woods holster" for his S&W M&P. He wanted a straight drop, low ride holster for walking his property, hunting, and rambling about outdoors. Just a basic woods holster.
I've been pondering on the design for a few weeks, and honestly couldn't fathom why he wanted this style of holster. But it was what he wanted, so I tried to figure it out.
I cut it so that the top of the grip rides below the bottom of the belt, because he wanted it low. To help with keeping the holster close to the body, I planned a tie-down on the holster. I did some tooling on the leather to make the M&P logo, and dyed it a contrasting tan. The rest of the holster I dyed black.
The project was pretty straightforward, and it came together easily. After completing it, I tried it on.
Man, I get why he wanted a holster designed in this way! I live in a big, largely liberal city. While I'm in law enforcement, and can carry pretty much anywhere, most places around here wouldn't be considered a permissive enviornment. Because of this, I make a lot of holsters that hold a gun in tight, and ride close to the belt. Most holsters I make are concealment holsters.
My brother lives in rural north Louisiana, and owns acreage. He works in a plant, and does a lot of outdoors things like 4-wheeler riding. A holster like this is PERFECT for that enviornment.
You pretty much would have to wear a trench coat to hide it, but that's not the purpose. It's a hell of a woods holster.
23 minutes ago


3 comments:
Can't wait to get my hands on it
I'll be coming through on the 22nd or 23rd. I'll be in touch when the time gets closer, and I'll get it dropped off to you.
Another nice holster. When I read "S&W M&P" a .38 revolver immediately came to mind. I guess I'm getting old.
Post a Comment