Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Gun Shirts

I have been acquiring gun shirts lately. My wife asked me to give her a list of things I might want for Christmas a few months ago, and for whatever reason, I put "gun shirts" on the list. She picked me out a brown tee with a 1911 on it.



I enjoyed it, and wore it on weekends, and it seems I have been acquiring a few. I now have a Browning logo shirt and a Smith and Wesson shirt, too.

Now, for years, I have had an array of tee shirts, and as I have worn them out, I have been replacing them with simple, solid color tees. I looked up some time last year, and realized I had no more band shirts or shirts with crass sayings on them left from my college days. And really, I was okay with that. My music tastes have changed, and now that I'm a father, I don't find shirts with expletives on this as funny.

But I no longer have shirts that express ME. Until my wife got me a gun shirt. I now have three shirts that say "this is the tribe I'm in". And I'm happy about that.

**DISCLAIMER**  Before anyone tells me "bad guys will know you are packing" or "you'll be shot first" or whatever nonsense, know that I'm not an idiot. I wear tee shirts around my house or while spending time with friends, or when I'm in the woods, etc. I don't wear them to get liquor and lotto tickets at 2am in the bad part of town. I am aware of exactly what I advertise when I put on certain clothes, and don't go out of my way to do dumb things (ever, but especially not) when I am wearing pro-2A "advertisements".

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

Most people don't read shirts, anyway. They might recognize the logo, but I don't think you're in any more danger wearing a Glock shirt than you are wearing a Greenpeace logo.

Years ago, there was a vest that gun-carriers liked to wear. It had lots of pockets, like the ones photographers wear. We called it the "shoot me first" vest.

Then, there was a guy down south, a DT instructor, who wore a black tee shirt that said ASSAULT ME (I need the practice). I don't think anyone ever bothered him.