Thursday, September 14, 2017

Updates

So, I've gotten several emails about making holsters for guns I either don't own personally, or can't source from friends or family.

I hate turning away a potential customer, but I have to be up front about it. I don't want to tell them I can come through, and send them something that doesn't fit their gun properly. So I have had to refer them to other reputable makers, which is okay, because I want anyone seeking a holster to be able to get what THEY want, and I don't want to put my name on a product that I'm not 100% proud of.

Today, I was trying to figure out a way to source a gun, and I stumbled upon form guns. I've known about form guns for a while, but I was never able to find them at a reasonable price. Well, I found a place that sells them anywhere between 40-75 bucks, with about 11 bucks shipping.

So, if you want a holster for a gun that I can't source, guess what? I can get a mold gun shipped to me, and  I could make the holster you are looking for!

The only catch is that it will add up to 2 weeks to your order. As soon as I receive payment for your order, I will place an order for the type of form gun that you need, and I will build your holster when it arrives.

And next time someone wants a holster for that same firearm, I will already have the form gun on hand!

Also, I have been really trying to figure out how I want to go about setting up a rudimentary pic/description/price of the different types of holsters I offer. I'm honestly not sure if this can be effectively accomplished with blogger, and at some point may have to make the jump to having a website built. But until I decide for sure, you may see some random layout changes here on my blog over the next few weeks. Feel free to ignore them until I make an announcement.

Thanks for bearing with me!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Cool man, good luck

Pawpaw said...

Sounds like a plan.

Angus McThag said...

Did the form place have a S&W 39?

David aka True Blue Sam said...

You can have a "Label" section on your Blogger sidebar to sort posts that you have labeled. You can also make links to other websites, pdf's you have on your Google Drive page, or to specific posts on your blog. Place ads for different products down the sidebar and link them. It's pretty easy once you try it. That is how I did the Mr. Completely e-Postal contest, and I link to businesses of people I like.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Matt, Pawpaw: thanks!

Mcthag- unfortunately, no. And I've spent about 1.5 hours searching forums, etc, trying to find out if anyone makes one. I've had zero luck, so far, but I have not given up.

David- thanks! I will play with that!