My wife took the boy and went to the gulf coast to see her grandmother today. My shift at work got switched to an evening shift in the tavern, and it left me with a whole day to myself.
Flummoxed with all the free time, I decided to mow and weed eat the yard. I finished around 10:30, so I went ahead and straightened the house, but it wasn't really dirty, so by 11:00 I was all alone with nothing to do.
So how did I kill my time? I beat feet for the local gun shop, and acquired some targets, and headed to the range to shoot my new 1911. It's a Springfield GI45, and I'd only shot it once before.
In short, it's pretty darn accurate. Now some new sights may be in it's distant future, but it still preforms admirably. I did all my shooting from a weaver stance at 7 yards, and while the targets aren't great, I was just having fun plinking, so I noticed that I frequently had a loose grip, and I didn't pay any attention to my breathing. My technique was lousy, in fact. But usually when I go to the range I spend all my time working on technique, so it was great to just go shooting for fun.
Even given the sloppy technique, though, the 1911 preformed for me.
The first picture is 50 rounds, weaver stance, 7 yards.
The second is 6 rounds, weaver stance, 7 yards (I was going to run a full magazine, but I only had 6 rounds left at that point.)
Nothing in the world like some recoil therapy!
P.S., Dad- that was your reload, just FYI



2 comments:
That'll do, dog. It's a combat pistol, not a target pistol.
good shootin'
Post a Comment