Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Shooter

So last week, my friends from Florida, Emily and Will came for a visit. They were great house guests... you know, the type you don't mind having around. Anyway, Will informed me that he had never shot a gun before, so I knew what I was going to be doing on Tuesday.

We started with .38 special loads from a 4 in. Taurus .357 magnum. Recoil was minimal, and he handled it easily, keeping 6 shots in about a 6 inch group at 7 yards. Not bad at all for a first timer!

We moved on to .357 magnum loads, and he handled those with ease as well, So I gave him my S&W snubbie with .38's. I think he only shot one cylinder... obviously not a recoil junkie.

I moved him to my 1911, and he truly enjoyed that, putting 30 or so rounds downrange. I think it was his favorite handgun.

Finally, I gave him a 20 ga. pump shotgun. He REALLY liked that!

Anyway, I didn't get any pictures, but he had a blast.

Count that as one more citizen that has been acquainted with guns.

1 comment:

Barrett said...

We will convert them all, even if its one at a time.