16 officers have fallen while i was in academy. I was turned on to the Officer Down Memorial Page,and i feel that it does us a great service, honoring our fallen. I have never had a regular meme on my blog, but sharing these officers' stories is important to me.
I will be posting the names of fallen officers as i become aware of them from now on. I will include their department, End Of Watch date, and how it happened, as well as a link to where i found their information. These fallen have given a great service to their department. Maybe in my own small way, i can render a small service to them and their families. I will not make this retroactive, as i would never catch up, but i will be moving forward, with all i hear of.
Starting with Amanda.
Amanda Anna
New York State Police
E.O.W.- May 26, 2012
Trooper Anna was lost control of her unit late on the evening of May 25th. It overturned, and she was transported to a local hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries the next morning.
She is survived by her 4 year old son, her mother, and fiancée.

No comments:
Post a Comment