Monday, August 5, 2013

Leather

Man, it's been a busy weekend. On top of going to swimming at the bayou, changing the oil in the car, and going to the zoo, I also made a new holster.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what i'd like in a IWB holster, and I made one on Saturday. I wanted to be able to carry one of my auto's without worrying about the holster being seen. I like high rise holsters, so I decided that the holster would ride high, meaning I could go with a minimalist design approach. I wanted it concealable under a t-shirt. I wanted to be able to remove it quickly, so either a snap or a clip was in order.

What you see above is what I came up with. I wore it to the zoo for about 2 hours, and it rode comfortably, without causing discomfort, even after I began sweating.

More use will determine if I hit jackpot, but I'm liking the results so far!

No comments: