Anyone else anal-retentive about organizing their fire lay? It always takes me 20 minutes to organize my kindling and logs before I light a fire, but because of that, they usually light quickly. Last night, I only used 1 match, which is typical, and had a roaring fire in about 5 minutes. Being organized with your fire lay requires some time up front, but it requires NO effort once you strike the match.
21 minutes ago


4 comments:
Right there with ya . . . I really enjoy laying out a proper fire.
Now, you just need to lose the match and go with a striker and some char cloth. :)
With all the cedar trees he's got nearby, there's lots of good tinder, right under the bark.
Oh, I always use flint and steel when re-enacting. I'm better at it than your average reenact or, too, as I used to demonstrate fire building to about 200 school children each day. However, sometimes flair doesn't matter, and then a match works great! ;)
Post a Comment