Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New City

Well, we moved to Baton Rouge recently, so that my wife can pursue her dream of becoming a veterinarian. I work for the state, so my job transferred with no trouble. We were able to find a decent house in a great neighborhood for a decent price. We got my son enrolled in a good school for next year, and we are overall happy with our situation. For being in a city, I am in a quiet neighborhood, which makes me happy.

There are a lot of great things about being in a city. Art, opportuinty, things to do, entertainment, children's  activities, etc. I have located a brewer's supply store, as well as a reloader's supply store, so I have plenty of things to occupy my time.

We took my son to a electronics fair last weekend, and he had a blast exploring all things electronics related. NASA was there, talking about rockets and Curiosity.

At any rate, my blog had gotten stale in the last year, and I couldn't place why. I think it was because I didn't have much to post about that interested me enough to post. I believe that is going to change, now. I originally started the blog when I lived in Florida, as a way to stay in contact with my family, and now what I moved several hours away from the again, I feel like family things will begin to make more of a comeback on my blog. I will still talk woodwork, leatherwork, cooking, brewing, shooting, reloading, and guns, but I feel as if my blog is going to be a conduit to my far away family, again. Anyone who still reads this thing regularly, feel free to continue stopping by, but expect more pictures of my kid and wife.

At any rate, I think you can count on me posting more often, at least.

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

We love pictures. Without pictures, it didn't happen.