Yesterday was a good day. Took the boy to a chemistry program put on by the local science museum. He got to make a batch of lotion, and learned how to mix oils and water, through the use of emulsifiers. He enjoyed it. BASF funded it, and provided all the ingredients, supples, and gave swag bags to the kiddies including an apron, goggles (they will go in the range bag), a notebook, a pencil, and a drawstring bag. Not bad for a free program.
I got a barbecue pit. My wife said it was an early father's day present. It's a plain-old barrel grill with a smoker attachment, which is what I love to use. This will be the third I have owned in a row. I got 6 years out of my last one, and hopefully I can get 6 out of this one.
After assembling the grill, I ran down to Trader Joe's, because they have 6-packs of good beer for cheap. As I was checking out, there was an employee by the registers handing out bags of charcoal. He said the 18lb bags only had about 17lb in each bag. The distributor missed the quality control step on them, and a few pallets made it out to stores. The distributor said it would be cheaper for them to issue credit to Trader Joe's, and have them give away the bags, than to send them back.
So fun with the kiddo, a new barbecue pit, and free charcoal? It was a good day. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go prep some ribs for smoking.



5 comments:
Nice BBQ. I wanted to drop you a line but yahoo was being funky so I could not find your email addy. I'm selling a couple guns and figured I'd see if you were interested or knew anyone who might be interested.
1) S&W 642 with Hogue boot grips (I'd say very good condition). Asking 4 bills.
2) Winchester Model 94 30-30 (I'd say good condition, some wear on receiver) and 300 rounds of factory (Federal and Remington, maybe a box of Win) 150/170 grain SP ammo. Asking $650.
Ryan- I sent you an email.
To my 3 readers: if you are interested in either gun, see my sidebar. Ryan runs Total Survivalist Blog. Go hit him up.
Nice pit. Smoke it up good. Which reminds me, it's about time for me to make another rib run.
Sold the 30-30 and 200 rounds of ammo for $500.
Trying to find your contact info and can't seem to see an email anywhere--could you shoot a message my way? Thanks
-B (bluegrassbruce8@gmail.com)
Post a Comment