Sunday, October 4, 2015

Biscuits

Ever have a sensory experience that brings you back 20 years? I've been the weekend at my dad's, and he cooked biscuits this morning. Hand-flung, cat-head biscuits.

He made them pretty regular when we were growing up.

After they were done this morning, I cut one and slathered butter on it, and dipped it into cane syrup.

And for just a minute, I was 10 years old, sitting next to a kerosene heater, relishing in the warmth and sweetness of a home made biscuit with cane syrup, getting ready to go hunting, the smell of hoppes #9 faintly hanging in the air around the shotguns leaned in the corner.

What a damn memory! 

Thanks for the biscuits pop. They meant more to me than you know.

2 comments:

Pawpaw said...

That pan I made for lunch didn't last long either. Glad y'all enjoyed them.

Old NFO said...

Dang, now 'I' am wanting biscuits... sigh