Sunday, October 11, 2015

Neatsfoot Oil

A hand-rubbed, oil finish can be a beautiful thing on the right piece of leather.

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

That is a good looking holster!!!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Thanks, NFO! It carries well, too. No hot-spots, even after a full day carrying it! Even rode my bicycle a couple miles wearing it, with no discomfort!

pignock said...

I don't remember how I found your blog but it's been sitting in my favorites for a longish while unread. Today I finally got around to reading it and I have been enjoying myself scrolling back through your posts.

I especially enjoy the holster and food posts. I told my wife we're going to try the red beans and rice soon.

I've tried making both leather and kydex holsters but without much success. Yours are an inspiration.

Thanks for sharing with the whole internet, keep writing and be careful in your LEO job.

Wilson said...

Very nice finished project!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Keith- it's always nice to hear from readers. I primarily write this blog for my own amusement, but I am definitely happy to know that other people enjoy my rambling. Thanks for stopping by, and if I can ever offer any advice on holster making, or anything else, feel free to drop me a line! j(dot)dezendorf001(at)gmail(dot)com

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Thank you, Wilson! This is absolutely my favorite holster I've made, to date.

Matt said...

That holster looks nice, but the lc9 holster is awesome!