Sunday, November 22, 2015

Nebo Redline

My gentle readers may remember my buying a Nebo Flashlight about 2 years ago. It was bright, and I liked it's lighting output. I carried it regularly at work for about 4 months, until I finally got issued a streamlight.

This is a follow-up. The Nebo is a piece of garbage. Especially for the 50ish dollar price tag. The light still works, but it is bulky in the pocket. It uses 3 AAA batteries in a circular battery configuration. You could almost get a single C-cell battery in the same diameter. Not great for a light with a pocket clip.

Also, the output switch (10%, 50%, 100%, strobe, and s.o.s.) adds lots of bulk. Also, I have grown accustomed to the "multiple press" system streamlight uses. It's not better or worse, per-se, but I like it better.

The worst thing about this light, though is its shitty tail-cap. It is overly large. And the rubber covering the activation switch is chintzy, and rips. And when you try to fix it, it rips more. And eventually, the magnet breaks, making it un-fucking-useable.

To hell with Nebo. I have used this light a grand total of maybe 6 months over the last two years, and it just doesn't meet expectations. Save 10 more bucks and buy a streamlight.

1 comment:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

I noticed that I cussed a lot in this post. I don't cuss very often when writing. Just goes to show my true feelings about the product, I guess.