Took the Colt out and shot it today. The good news is it runs like a top!
Those are CMP air rifle targets. The black is 1.5 inches across, iirc. As you can see by the top 3 targets, the gun is capable of good accuracy. I threw one on each, but that's my fault, not the gun's. The targets were shot at 7 yards. I did some basic dirt-shooting, and put about 50 rounds through it, both Speer Lawman and Hornady Critical Defense. The damn gun ran so great and shot so accurately, I'm not gonna change a thing with it (much to the relief of McThag...).
Ok, I'm going to change one thing, which brings us to the bad: I broke those cheap faux-ivory grips.
It will have to live with chipped grips for a month or so while I rebuild my gun fund, but I'm definitely gonna need a new set.
21 minutes ago



4 comments:
I believe you can get replacements... But I'd probably go with wooden stocks on it...
Yeah, that's the plan! I've found several hardwood replacement sets in the 40ish dollar range on Amazon and Ebay.
I broke the ones on my 1911 several years ago. Door slammed as I was going thru it and snapped my grips in half. Now, it wears wood. But, you're right. It did shoot like a dream.
Make sure your replacement grips come with proper escutcheons and screws!
Lots of places chintz out on the hardware.
My tale of stock replacements: http://mcthag.blogspot.com/2016/02/gripping-tale.html
Post a Comment