Tried a CW9 recently and though I had high expectations i was very disappointed by the trigger. Very long and mushy with a long reset. Is there anything that can be done to improve that? All the Rubis I have seen around here in Maine are commanding way more than they are worth. Keeping my eyes peeled for a Star BM.
As to the trigger- not that I know of. It's an acquired taste. It reminds me of a DA revolver that's had a trigger job, honestly. It's not heavy, but it's looooonggg, as is the reset. I actually like it!
And 9mm is great if you just want to kill Europeans. But if you need to put an American bad guy in the dirt, the .45 is the way to go about it. Would John Wayne steer us wrong?
The Displaced Louisiana Guy has a degree in Business Administration, but has found his calling in Law Enforcement. He is an Eagle Scout, and enjoys working with his hands. If you're interested in historic interpretation, guns, police work or food, then read on. Glad to have you on board.
7 comments:
Tried a CW9 recently and though I had high expectations i was very disappointed by the trigger. Very long and mushy with a long reset. Is there anything that can be done to improve that? All the Rubis I have seen around here in Maine are commanding way more than they are worth. Keeping my eyes peeled for a Star BM.
As to the trigger- not that I know of. It's an acquired taste. It reminds me of a DA revolver that's had a trigger job, honestly. It's not heavy, but it's looooonggg, as is the reset. I actually like it!
Agree on the Kahr. It has to 'grow' on ya...
1911 and Sig P220 are single-stack on the "more effective" end of the spectrum.
C'mon, Murph! I love the euro-pellet!
And 9mm is great if you just want to kill Europeans. But if you need to put an American bad guy in the dirt, the .45 is the way to go about it. Would John Wayne steer us wrong?
Lol! Leave it be, Murph. *grin* with that pocket hammerless, I may be carrying around a .380, before long!
Post a Comment