Saturday, August 27, 2016

Camper tear-out

The refurbishment of the camper started yesterday. I spent about 4 hours cleaning and tearing out. When I finished, right before I closed it all down, it looked like this:


It's cleaned out, and the countertops are removed. The sink and stove are stored at the moment, and the hoses and water reservoir are removed for cleaning or replacing as needed. I checked the propane lines, and they are in good shape. Hopefully I can just replace the regulator, and be in business, there.

I cut out new countertops using 1/2 inch finish grade plywood, using the old countertops for a pattern. I found a 4' x 4' piece of plywood at the hardware store that they had marked as scrap, and got it for $3.75, so the countertops came out pretty cheap. 


Another trip to the hardware store is likely today, so I can pick up paint( Im going to look in their 'oops' paints, to see if they have a color I can stomach for cheap), water lines, a propane regulator, and various screws. 

It's coming along.


2 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Looks like you're making good progress. Good for you.

Old NFO said...

Slowly but surely... :-)