Saturday, August 6, 2016

Life, Man.

Sooooo....

Things have been a little crazy lately. Let's see...

Bought a set of AR500 level III plates and a carrier a few weeks back. After the recent cop slayings local to me, I decided a set of plates were worth investing in. After I ordered them, I got a check in the mail a few days later, covering the cost of the plates, from my father-in-law. It's nice to know that he likes me enough that he wants me alive. Not everyone can say that about their father-in-law, but I have a good one.


Went to a gun show. Didn't see much of interest, but it was only a block away from Cabellas, so I went there, and came out with a new spyderco. I put a fancy "zip-tie" upgrade on it.


And my little Ford Ranger gave it up. The transmission just couldn't take living any longer. Traded it in on a used 2007 F-150 with 116k miles.


The Ranger was a good truck, but I really like my new pickup.

Making Meatpies today. Got Murphy's Law coming in tomorrow, so I gotta cook him something worth eating. We plan on going to tour the USS Kidd tomorrow.


Wow! What a busy few weeks!

8 comments:

JayNola said...

First Sunday of the month is free as I recall.

Pawpaw said...

You have been busy!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Jay- indeed, it is! That why we planned it for today!

Pawpaw- yep! But it's been mostly positive stuff.

Old NFO said...

Don't feed Murph too well, you'll never get rid of him...LOL OH yeah, and watch him like a hawk, he 'loves' opening sealed compartments...

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

NFO- a well-fed friend can always be counted on ;)... however, I know what you mean about sealed compartments... he likes to touch everything! LOL

Murphy's Law said...

OMFG!! Those meat pies were AMAZING!!!

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

Completely off-topic:

Is there any place/person/charity where I can send a few dollars to help the local folks get back on their feet.

I know folks are proud. You guys have done an incredible job of taking care of your own. But there must be a lot of things that insurance does not cover, like trash fees and floor fans and hotel bills and shear pins and mixed gas for the Cajun Navy.

Joe in Michigan

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Joe- there are the usual places, of course: the Red Cross, et cetera. I have been collecting money for a few people my wife and I know. We've raised several hundred dollars so far, and have passed on help to 3 different families. If you want to have every dollar you send go to someone here local, I will get it to someone who needs it. Shoot me an email at lazyjdleatherworks(at)gmail(dot)com and I will get you an address to send money/gift cards/money orders/checks to.

Thanks for the offer, Joe. There's a lot of people in need. I'm blessed to not be one of them, and I'm blessed to be in a position to help.