That's how many rounds of .38 special I have. I decided about 2 years ago that I wanted to get to 1000 rounds of range ammo and 200 rounds of defensive ammo for .38 special and 9mm. I have about 525 rounds of defensive ammo at the moment, 125 factory loads, and 400 handloads. The handloads are reproductions of the old FBI load, thanks to Murphy gifting me 400 LSWCHP bullets in the 158gr. variety. Thank you, Murphy.
That means I'm a little light on practice ammo, but not by much. I'm about to start focusing on 9mm range ammo. I have about 700 rounds of 9mm, and about 200 of that is defensive loads, so i need about 500 more practice rounds.
Other ammo needs?
I only have about 100 .357 mag loads, so I need a few hundred there. I don't keep as big a balance of those, though, due to cartridge commonality with .38 special.
I could stand to get another 200 rounds of 12 gauge game loads. And maybe another 50-75 buckshot.
Otherwise, I'm good on shotgun and rifle rounds.
Probably could use another 200 rounds each of .380 and .32. I have one gun each chambered in those, and while I shoot neither very often, I only have about 150 rounds for each. 350 for each, and I would be happy, considering how often I shoot them.
And .22... always .22. Although, honestly, I have more than 500, less than 1000, and only own 1 .22, so I'm not in bad shape.
It would be smart to buy some more HS-6. I am down to about a pound and a half. I'm good on primers, lead, and brass...
So, yeah, that's where I'm at on ammo. Guess I know where I need to start focusing my buying.
22 minutes ago

3 comments:
Glad to see those bullets finding a good home. Enjoy 'em and bring some back here and let's have a range day soon!
That sounds like a plan, sir!
Sounds like you have a pretty decent set up. If I think having your just in case emergency ammo (in whatever type and amount you deem appropriate) and a distinctly separate stash of training ammo is important. Past ammo shortages say 6 months is a good figure. So your monthly practice ammo x6, figure a couple hundred round fudge factor for a family range day or short class. Your plan of 1k is probably good for most people with a healthy margin for error.
Post a Comment