They were relatively speedy in getting my order out. It's been less than a week. Remember when ordering something meant a 6 week wait? The technological advances (and the impact they have made on things such as drop-shipping) verily boggles the mind.
At any rate, one of the cool goodies I ordered was a replacement grip set for my 1903 pocket hammerless. They look much better than the cheap faux-ivory ones that were on it.
21 minutes ago



8 comments:
How was the fit on yours?
I had to modify mine some. http://mcthag.blogspot.com/2016/02/gripping-tale.html
McThag- fit was tight, but everything lined up. They almost "snapped" into place rather than being set into place. I almost thought about shaving down the steps on the inside of the panels to make it go in easier, then decided to function check it first. The gun functions fine, so the grips aren't binding the trigger or anything. I figured a tight fit couldn't hurt anything, and may help with some of the rattle I felt with the faux ivory stocks. The escunchion was not perfectly lined up. It was ever so slightly crooked in the hole, so I had to realign it. In the end, I got it worked out. Sadly, i couldn't replace the hardware with what I had, because the hardware with the faux ivory grips was worse than the ones with the Numrich stuff. The screw was cross-threaded and bent.
And yes, walnut really does perk up the old girl!
Very nice. Very nice indeed.
Looks sharp! Great classic carry gun for your next visit down this way.
Yes, indeed, Murphy. But I thought you didn't like the euro-pellet... and this is a euro-pellet-short! *grin*
Some guns have a coolness factor that transcends their anemic calibers. Besides, it things get sideways, I'll still have a handgun chambered for the quintessential American cartridge: .45. We'll be ok.
Very nice indeed. Is that walnut?
Wilson- yes. At least, that's what the description said!
Post a Comment