Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Books

I have about 2 dozen books that I have read countless times. These aren't counting series I've bought over the years because I love them. These are books that I enjoy because they are light, fun reading. Things like Patrick McManus, Gary Larson, Bill Amend, and Tim Allen.

I'm re-reading an old favorite right now, because I'm between books, and I probably won't make it to the library till Thursday. I'm reading Chili Dawgs Always Bark at Night by Lewis Grizzard.

He's chauvinistic, for sure, but that's his biggest downfall as a writer. I certainly wouldn't recommend him to my wife.

But he does believe in being chivalrous. And he doesn't like liberal democrats. and he's a fan of the SEC.

It's a good light read between other books, if you can get over his disdain for women golfers.

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

They tell a story about Lew Grizzard, back when he wrote for the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation. (Journal and Constitution). It seems some one sent a letter from Chicago, addressed only "TO THAT ASSHOLE IN ATLANTA". Grizzard said that the letter was indeed for him, but he was mystified as to how the Post Office knew to deliver it to him.