Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Busy

I was busy today. I ran by the bank around 11am, and what should have been a 5 minute transaction ended up taking almost 35. I wasn't in a hurry, so it was no big deal, but imagine my surprise when I looked at my 50 dollar money order, and realised it was cut for 500. Further, by looking at my account balance, it appeared that I was only drafted 50. I explained to their customer service rep what happened, and she walked over and scolded the teller that handled my transaction, which I felt bad for. He accidentally hit an extra zero on the money order machine, but he only drafted me for 50. He got a butt chewing, but I suspect that if I had been a more unsavory character and actually cashed it, be probably would have lost his job.

When I left the bank, I went and picked up my wife for lunch, and we ate at one of out favorite open-air diners, the Spanish Bakery. We wandered around downtown for another half hour, then I brought her back to work. It was a lovely break from the day-to-day.

Afterwards, I went home, and I couldn't focus on my book, and it's not because it's badly written. I just needed to do something with my hands, so I wandered out to my shop with the boy in tow, and we did some carpentry. Me and my wife have been discussing how bare our porch looked, and we came to the conclusion that we needed more seating. So today, I built a bench for the porch corner.



Now I'm blogging before I start a Roux. The gumbo I started cooking an hour ago is about ready for the roux, and I need to have dinner ready before Ghost Hunters starts.

Good evening, ya'll.

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

A Boonie Bench! Well done.