My father has reloaded for as long as i can remember. Being a poor working man employed by the state, the only way he could afford to shoot regularly was to reload. Over the years, he has reloaded everything from shotshells to small pistol to magnum rifles, and he has built a lot of knowledge in the reloading arena.
For years, I have been content shooting the bullets my father has reloaded. Recently, though, I have become interested in the process, and with the addition of the 30-30 to my gun cabinet, i have decided to learn the process. Last week, under the guidance of my father, I loaded 20 rounds of 30-30. Today, while riding out the storm at my father's, I loaded 50 more, going through all the steps on my own, starting with consulting the Lee reloading manual, and finishing with crimping the bullets.
It is satisfying having the knowledge to make my own ammunition (even though I used my father's tools, manuals, brass, powder, and bullets). I think I may need to slowly start investing in all the tools and supplies, so that I can eventually reload on my own.
I am a poor working man employed by the state, after all.


1 comment:
You made better ammunition than you can buy, at less than half the cost of store-bought.
Post a Comment