Sunday, December 9, 2012

Encampment

Well, the encampment was awesome. We spent 36 hours pretending to be from the 18th century, and as such, I got very few pictures. None, in fact. I managed to avoid electronic devices for the entirety of my stay. I stole these pics from my lovely wife. We slept in a period tent, cooked period food, and did period crafts. I made some leather goods for some friends that I owed, and they were happy with what they got (one got a belt, and one a knife sheath... both were items they requested) and my wife sold some of her homemade lye soap. I also got a nice burn on my left pinkie while frying some eggs for breakfast.

We B.S.ed with all the other reenactors, and made some new friend, as well as reconnected with old ones.

It was a great way to spend the weekend... but getting a bath when we got home was pretty awesome, too!

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

I'm glad y'all had a good time. There's nothing like a good campout with friends, and nothing like the bath at the end of the trip.