Monday, December 31, 2012

The Past Week

Well, it's been a crazy week. We got to wife's parents in Florida around 11:30 pm on Christmas. Saw old friends Merv and Eli, and enjoyed beer and conversation. Went to Gram's place on the 27th to celebrate the season with her. Boy-o got a lotta loot from Grams, and she loves seeing him open all the packages. I got a wonderfully gunnie gift from grams: a Lee electric lead pot. No pics, because it's packed up in the trunk, but they will follow. She also got me a lead thermometer and an aftermarket trigger group and sight for my duty weapon. Sadly, as it is an issue gun, I can't use them, but she left me the receipt so that I can turn it into something else,  like say a set of sights for my 1911. Also got a fitted LSU cap!
We went to Gainesville for two days while Boy-o hung out with grandpa and nana. We ate great food, and saw more friends (and stained a pine chest, but thats another story. Grandpa, my wife, and Boy-o all got wicked sick, and Boy-o ended up in a Florida emergency room after 12 hours of vomiting. He wasn't too dehydrated, and they gave him some nausea medication, and he was able to keep fluids down on his own, so no need for IV's. He's back to his normal self now, and we are headed back to Central Louisiana as I type this.

It's been a hell of a week!

No comments: