The Louisiana Homebrewers put on a home brewing class today at the Library. I have been homebrewing for several years now, but decided to go so that I could ask a lot of questions about the All-Grain method of brewing. I have been brewing using malt syrup, but have been wanting to get into All-Grain for a while. The class was very informative, they answered all of my questions, and walked me through what the differences would be.
I had fun, and really enjoyed the program. I learned some things I didn't know, too. I learned about different hop varieties, as well as different types of grains. The Louisiana Homebrewers are professional, knowledgeable, and polite. I will definitely be buying all my homebrewing supplies through them from now on.



3 comments:
I tried the home brewing thing. Enjoyed doing it. However having about 2 cases of beer that needed to be drank inside a month did not lend itself to normal consumption. Maybe that would make sense if I was having a big party but for everyday use it did not make sense. Then I had the brewing gear in storage for a couple years. Recently decided to sell it. Put the money into FN-FAL mags.
Well, how about that. I knew that you wanted to start brewing again, and I'm glad that you've taken the first steps.
Ryan- after bottling, you can let the beer age for quite a while. Some beer even gets better if you let it age. Many beers are shelf-stable for months after bottling, as long as they are kept in climate control.
Pawpaw- yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Post a Comment