Life has been....busy.... the last 2 weeks. We went to Florida for thanksgiving, and held services for my wife's grandmother. She will be deeply missed.
We got my truck back from the shop. Turned out, not as much was wrong as the shop feared. They fixed it, and their transmission voodoo cost less than $600, which still hurt, but wasn't 2k worth of financial misery.
I took the boy for his first cub scout camp this weekend. Marshmallows, hotdogs, campfires, nature hikes, bike rides... it was a blast. The most telling thing was loading up after the closing campfire last night. We got in the truck, and before I could put it in gear, my son looked at me with a sober expression like only a 7 year old can have. He solemnly looked me in the eye and said quietly "Dad... I had a great weekend. Thanks for taking me camping with the scouts".
It summed up the trip nicely for me.
Now I just unpacked the gear, and hung the Christmas lights, because it's that time of the year.
The rest on the day will be spent relaxing and washing clothes. And that's not a bad way to wrap up a weekend at all.

2 comments:
Glad you saved the money, and yes Scouting WILL make a positive impact on a young mind! :-)
Good for you, all around. Glad you had a good weekend.
Post a Comment