Well, new to me, anyway. My brother tried a new striker-fired LC-9, and fell in love. He was saying he wanted one, but needed to sell his current one first.
I mentioned that Ruger has a trade-in program where you can trade a hammer fired LC-9 for a striker-fired LC-9.
He looked in to it, and said they only give you $150 toward the purchase, and he couldn't stomach giving a gun back to Ruger for $150.
I told him I'd give him $200 for it, joking with him. He told me he'd let me have it for $150, and be happy someone got a deal on it.
So I called my wife and crossed my fingers... she said it was cool!
So now I got a LC-9 for an unbeatable deal!
Thanks Bro!


4 comments:
Not a bad deal. :-) And it's always nice when the wife approves!!!
Nice, I thought about those. I also played with a G43 at the local merchant of death. However after my CW9 I pretty much gave up on a single stack 9. Until technology supports them getting to what used to be .380 sized in a reliable and affordable package I am hands off. Toying with a .380 bigger than my LCP. Something in the Bersa size range. More shootable, if not more
Ryan- I hear ya. The G43, LC9 and CW9 are all about the same size. I think the Kahr feels best in the hand, for me. That being said, after handling all of them, the Ruger just seems pretty damned rugged. I feel like it could take more of a beating than the Kahr. Of course, that's pretty much how all Rugers are built: like bank vaults. It's just a smudge too big to truly be considered a pocket gun, but I'm going to press it into service in that role.
Glad you got it. I have done exactly the same with my personal arms I used on my job over the years.
I just took out my old Smith & Wesson SW40c and carried it for a few months. It was the pistol that Glock sued them over, as it looked and worked exactly like a Glock.
I have kept most , but not all of my past duty weapons.
At those times raising a family, $$ were hard to keep.
Post a Comment