Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Layaway

When we were younger, we owned horses. We had a Shetland pony at one point, several quarterhorses, and even a Mustang at one point...



But this will be my first Colt. Can't wait to pay it off!

5 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Pulled the Pin on the Colt, did ya?

Did the Ruby whet your appetite?

Old NFO said...

1903?

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Pawpaw- yes, and yes!

NFO-correct, or maybe more accurately, a 1908. It's a type III, in .380... serial number pins it's production to 1923. No bluing left, but it has a nice patina. Internals are in remarkable shape for a gun it's age. Someone used the hell out of it, but took good care of it.

Wilson said...

Congratulations! I have a buddy that had one about the same finish condition. He had it refinished in polished nickle, it's a good looking gat!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Thanks, Wilson! It may end up being a candidate for a re-finish job. I'm going to wait and see how it shoots first. If it shoots great, I may hard chrome or nickle it and get better sights for it.