Glad you asked! Red Beans and Rice, or as I call this recipe, Cheatin' Beans.
See, to make the traditional Red Beans and rice of South Louisiana, you start the night before, soaking beans. But sometimes you don't have the time to do all that, hence Cheatin' Beans.
Brown a pound of chopped sausage, whatever the store has on sale. Add a chopped onion, and about 5 cloves of minced garlic. Once it's all browned, and the onions are clear, pull them out. Make a roux, and once it's a peanut color, add water, the sausage and onion mix, 3 or 4 cans of kidney beans (I always use 1 can of Blue Runner brand red beans... they add a certain something.) Let it simmer on low for a half hour. Make a pot of rice, and enjoy some Cheatin' Beans! They're almost as good as Traditional Red Beans and Rice, but the time investment is much, much less!
23 minutes ago


2 comments:
I know that recipe. It used to be Monday night.
And still just as good as it was back then!
Post a Comment