Saturday, July 30, 2016

Another 'Professional'

I've been digging on the classic Nelson 'Professional' holster design lately. More accurately, I've been making what is referred to as a 'Professional' in common holster parlance, these days. Nelson's original design didn't have a reinforced mouth, like most made today do. The reinforced mouth was added by Milton Sparks' version of the Professional, a feature that he borrowed from another Nelson design, the Summer Special.



It's interesting how we got to the current crop of designs we use today for holster making. Brilliant leatherworkers evolved these designs over centuries, always building on the shoulders of the last generation's great leatherworkers.

Also, RW emailed me, saying he got his holster. He said he liked it, which makes me happy.

If you have some custom Leather needs, feel free to email me at

lazyjdleatherworks@gmail.com

Between myself, my brothers, and dad, I have access to quite the variety of handguns, so I can cover many common handguns.

I'll try to put up a gun list of holsters I can make in the next week or so, but if you are wondering about a particular gun you want leather for in the meantime, let me know. I'll do my best to accommodate your needs, at a very reasonable price.

All my leatherwork is patterned, punched, sewed, dyed, formed, fit and finished by hand, so if you order from me, you will have a truly one-off holster. Hope to hear from ya'll.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, the 'evolution' if you will, has been interesting... Looking forward to the list.