Little ones don't make it through the winters. One can see the difference in the size of deer in areas where the snowfall is deeper. Big deer breed big deer. Up where I live, if I go 100 miles north into the Lake Superior snow belt there are fewer deer but the size of those snow belt deer is quite a bit larger than the average deer those few miles south.
Then you get into areas where they can eat in farm fields and the deer get big there too. But the little ones can survive along with the larger deer.
The Displaced Louisiana Guy has a degree in Business Administration, but has found his calling in Law Enforcement. He is an Eagle Scout, and enjoys working with his hands. If you're interested in historic interpretation, guns, police work or food, then read on. Glad to have you on board.
4 comments:
Looks like y'all are having a good time! Enjoy it!
Looks like y'all are having a good time! Enjoy it!
Yep. Even mule deer does get pretty bug out here in the west! I've seen some that went better than 200lbs field dressed.
Little ones don't make it through the winters.
One can see the difference in the size of deer in areas where the snowfall is deeper.
Big deer breed big deer.
Up where I live, if I go 100 miles north into the Lake Superior snow belt there are fewer deer but the size of those snow belt deer is quite a bit larger than the average deer those few miles south.
Then you get into areas where they can eat in farm fields and the deer get big there too.
But the little ones can survive along with the larger deer.
Post a Comment