The West is BIG. There are stretches in West Texas and New Mexico where you can drive for hours and see nothing man-made. Just scenery. And I'm not just talking an absence of gas stations (Make sure you fill up!), but not even a bill board or telephone pole. If it wasn't for the road you are on, you'd be halfway convinced you were the first person to lay eyes on the land.
Carlsbad caverns is something to behold. You walk down over 700 feet. That doesn't sound like much, but it's FAR. and that's vertical distance. The trail down is over a mile long.
There are some truly cool towns in New Mexico and Arizona. Roswell, Holbrook, and Winslow are some of the ones we stopped at.
Louisiana has no idea what Authentic Tex-Mex is. Green Chili could be worshipped as a religion. I hear it is, in some parts.
More later. I have a Meteor Crater to go see.



1 comment:
The desert fascinates me.
Post a Comment