Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Stock cover and sling for Marlin 1894

I have been thinking about slings. Since I now have a .357 single action, it's time to make a matching sling for my Marlin, since they share a caliber. I have been planning one in my brain, and figured on making it cut to spec.

But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it adjustable, at least to a point. I like using a sling for steadying an off-hand shot, and the secondary look made by the sling attaching back to itself is a great help in stabilizing a rifle. So I started figuring it out.

While I was at it, I decided to make a stock cover with 6 bullet loops on it, too.

I mocked it up, and liked where it was going.


Later, I tooled it to match my personal gun belt, and dyed it to match, too.


Now I'm waiting to let everything to dry. I'll post finished pics in a few days.

5 comments:

Pawpaw said...

That is going to be very nice. Very nice indeed.

Oh, I went by the training center today and talked with my favorite firearms instructor. Asked him about optics o a duty gun. He told me that the Chief Firearms instructor had been making inquiries and has some samples, but he's on vacation this week.

Bottom line? Just do it. As long as it is a Glock and a quality sight, I'm golden.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Awesome. Good to know. Glad that's gonna work out. Also, thanks. I'm thinking this is going to be a nice setup.

Old NFO said...

Very nice! I need to do that for my old 94... sigh

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

NFO- thanks! And if you decide you need to do it, drop me a line. I know a guy. :)

j(dot)dezendorf001(at)gmail(dot)com

Murphy's Law said...

My lever guns all screamed "WANT!!" at the same time when I opened this post.