So I finished up my stock cover and sling for my Marlin 1894 just a few days ago, and I forwarded pics of it to a gunnie friend, who told me he HAD to have a stock cover for his Marlin 336.
I happened to be heading by his work on Friday, so I told him to bring the 336, and when I was free, I'd swing by. I headed that way, and picked up his rifle (as well as his payment. He's a longtime friend, so I let him barter 300 rounds of factory loaded .38 spl in exchange for a stock cover).
When I got back home, I got to work. He saw mine, which I tooled to match my cowboy rig.
He wanted something fancy-tooled, but not necessarily just like mine. So I improvised a zig-zag pattern followed by a tight veiner stamp, highlighted with a dot-stamp. I finished the blank space with some fancy stitching tooling. I dyed it to come close to the color of the sling he had on the 336.
Anyway, he likes it, so I'm happy!
24 minutes ago







4 comments:
Well, okay then. That looks great. And, I had forgotten that I had put a Williams peep on that 94. I still think that it's the perfect sight for a pistol-caliber carbine.
The leather work is really nice.
Cool, I enjoy bartering, especially when I can trade up!
Cool, I enjoy bartering, especially when I can trade up!
Your leather work only gets better. Well done!
Post a Comment