Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday stuff

When I met up with my dad on saturday, he had a birthday present for me. 26.2 pounds of bullets, and a new handgun.

The bullets are:
About 20 rounds of my .308's favorite load, and 5 rounds of a new load he's developing.

About 400 rounds of .38 special, both target and defense.

About 250 rounds of .45 for my new handgun, both target and defense.

A midway catalog.

And my new handgun, a springfield GI .45. I took it to the range today, and the first magazine, it all went in the 10 ring, without me really having to try. I love it. It's a beautiful, classic shooter, and it's my first 1911.

Pure awesome.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Welcome to the 1911 addiction, I mean family!

Flintlock Tom said...

That was my first 1911, too.
It was denting the brass on ejection for awhile, but after a few hundred rounds it settled down.
Wouldn't trade it for love or money and I haven't found another one I like as much.