Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Treen Ware Family

I started carving treen ware back in April, and this is all the pieces I've carved to date. They are in chronological order, with the uppermost being the oldest. I've posted pics of a few, but in order, they are:

4 and a half inch pear spoon. I carried this one in my haversack and have eaten with it several times.

12 and a half inch cherry spoon. It's my wife's.

14 and a half inch cherry spatula. Also my wife's. They have matching hearts. We cook with them regularly.

11 inch cherry 'no frills' spatula. It was almost perfect from the split off the log. I just rounded the ends and sharpened the 'blade'. It will go to sis-in-law Misty.

13 and a half inch cherry spatula for momma, the best stepmother ever.

12 inch maple spoon. For my grandmother, Mom D. She's the matriarch of the clan.

12 inch maple spoon. Beefier copy of Mom D's. For my sis-in-law Sonja.

12 inch maple spatula. Also for Sonja. The set is a wedding present for her and my brother.

7 inch maple spoon. It is going to replace the pear spoon as my 'kit' spoon. I'll carry it with my reenacting gear from now on.

I guess this concludes this post...

Heh! Hope ya'll enjoy the pic!


3 comments:

Nancy R. said...

If you ever decide to sell some of your treenware, please let me know. Or, if you need some 18th century sewing or knitting, maybe we could make a trade.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Good to know, Nancy. I'm not ever going into production, as I could never get my time investment out of a piece, but if I ever need something sewn, I know what to bribe ya with!

Nancy R. said...

I understand completely about the time investment. I will not sew for money anymore. I'll either give it to you, or trade you for something.